Build my office setupOffice setup

Brightwork demonstration · 04 / 11 · Meetings / Recording to minutes

ON THE RECORD

A site meeting, minuted. ON THE RECORD is an original Brightwork demonstration. A fictional builder’s site meeting was voiced with Kokoro-82M, transcribed with Whisper and minuted by a local language model, all on our own machines. Speaker names come from context; the transcript has none. Whisper’s voice-activity filter stays off: in an earlier pass it dropped both lines spoken over the phone.

4 documentsOutputs by Qwen3.8-27B, generated locallyShown uneditedChecked by Brightwork: 7 corrections across 3 outputs
M00 · The recordingRecording

Site meeting 7, Peppercorn Street clinic extension. Four speakers, one on the phone.

Fictional meeting, written for the demonstration. Voices generated locally; the transcript, minutes and actions come from this recording.

M01 · TranscriptWhisper large-v3
Checked by Brightwork · 3 corrections
  • Whisper heard “GST” as “GSD” in Sam’s line over the phone.
  • “we’ll look at temporary sheeting” came out as “we’ll look at them. Look at temporary sheeting”, a repeated phrase.
  • “Good. Safety. Marco.” came out as “Good safety, Marco.”, which runs Dana’s acknowledgement into the next agenda item.

0:00 OK, it's just after seven, let's start. This is site meeting number seven for the Peppercorn Street Clinic extension.

0:06 We've got Marco from site, Helen from the clinic, and Sam is on the phone for electrical.

0:12 Marco, start with the slab.

0:15 Yep, so the slab pour for the rear extension was booked for Tuesday the 21st, but the forecast has 30mm of rain Monday night into Tuesday.

0:23 I've spoken to the concrete supplier and we've moved the pour to Tuesday the 28th, 7am start.

0:30 Pump is rebooked for the same day, formwork and steel are done, and the engineer's steel inspection is booked for Monday the 27th at 8.

0:39 So that's a one week slip on the slab. What does that do to the frame?

0:44 Frame was going to start on the 28th, now it'll be the 3rd of November at the earliest. The framers can do the 3rd, I've checked.

0:54 Does that push out the finish date? We've told our patients we'd be back in the new rooms in February.

1:00 At this stage, no. We had two weeks of weather allowance in the programme and this uses one of them.

1:06 If we lose another week, we'll need to talk about it. I'll send you the updated programme on Monday.

1:13 OK, thank you.

1:15 Windows, Marco.

1:16 Not great news. Northline Windows have told us the aluminium frames are delayed two weeks because of a powdercoat backlog.

1:26 They were due the 14th of November, now they're saying the 28th.

1:30 I've asked them to confirm that in writing and they haven't yet.

1:35 Right, I'll chase them today. Without the windows we can't lock up and lock up drives the plasterer.

1:41 Marco, can the plasterer shuffle?

1:43 He's flexible until early December. After that, he's booked on another job until the middle of January.

1:52 Then the windows by the 28th are critical. I'll get written confirmation from Northline by Monday.

1:58 If they can't commit, we'll look at them.

2:00 Look at temporary sheeting so the plasterer can start on the internal walls that aren't affected.

2:05 Sam, you're on variations.

2:08 Yeah, morning. So Helen asked for four extra double power points in the two new treatment rooms, plus a dedicated circuit for the new shockwave therapy machine.

2:18 I've priced it at $1,280 plus GSD, all in. That's variation number three.

2:27 That's fine, we need the dedicated circuit.

2:30 Do I need to sign something?

2:32 Yes, I'll email you variation three today. We need it signed before Sam does the rough-in, which is the week of the 10th of November.

2:39 So if we can have it back by the 7th, that'd be great.

2:44 I'll sign it as soon as it comes through.

2:47 And Helen, just confirm the machine specs for me, the plug type and the current draw.

2:53 If it's over 15 amps, I need to know now, not at fit-off.

2:58 I'll send you the spec sheet.

2:59 I think it's a standard 10-amp plug, but I'll check.

3:03 Good safety, Marco.

3:06 The scaffold along the north wall is due for its 30-day inspection this Friday, the 17th.

3:12 The scaffold company is coming at nine. Nobody goes on it Friday morning until the tag is updated.

3:17 Also, we had a near-miss on Monday.

3:20 A pallet of blocks was left on the footpath edge, and a pedestrian had to step onto the road.

3:25 No one was hurt.

3:26 I've done the incident report, and we've put up a barrier.

3:29 And a spotter for deliveries.

3:32 Thanks, Marco.

3:33 Please send me the incident report, and let's add a delivery toolbox talk on Monday morning for everyone on site.

3:40 Will do.

3:43 One more thing from us.

3:44 The clinic is staying open during the works, and some of our patients use walking frames.

3:48 The temporary path past the site fence gets muddy when it rains.

3:52 Can something be done?

3:55 Marco, can we put down some crushed rock or rubber matting on that path?

4:00 Rubber matting? We've got some at the yard. I'll have it down by Monday.

4:05 Great. Anything else? No? OK.

4:08 Next meeting is Thursday, the 30th of October, same time, here on site. Thanks, everyone.

M02 · MinutesQwen3.8-27B
Checked by Brightwork · 1 correction
  • “$1,280 plus GSD” carries Whisper’s mishearing through. It is plus GST.

Minutes — Site meeting 7: Peppercorn Street Clinic extension

Speaker attribution note

  • The transcript does not label every speaker.
  • I have attributed statements and actions using context and the roles in the meeting invite.
  • Where the speaker of an “I will” action cannot be clearly identified, I have said so.

Meeting details

  • Meeting: Site meeting number seven
  • Project: Peppercorn Street Clinic extension
  • Time: Just after 7:00
  • Location: Site, Peppercorn Street Clinic extension
  • Date: Not clearly identified in the transcript
  • Chair: Dana, project manager

Attendees

  • Dana — project manager, chair
  • Marco — site supervisor
  • Helen — client, from the clinic
  • Sam — electrician, dialled in by phone

1. Slab pour

Reported

  • Marco reported that the rear extension slab pour had originally been booked for Tuesday the 21st.
  • The forecast showed 30 mm of rain from Monday night into Tuesday.
  • The pour was moved to Tuesday the 28th, 7:00 am start.
  • The pump has been rebooked for the same day.
  • Formwork and steel are done.
  • The engineer’s steel inspection is booked for Monday the 27th at 8:00.
  • This is a one-week slip on the slab.

Decided

  • The revised pour date will proceed.
  • Dana will send the updated programme on Monday.

Program risk

  • This weather delay has used one of the two weeks of weather allowance in the programme.
  • If another week is lost, the team will need to talk about the impact.

2. Frame start and finish date

Reported

  • Frame work was originally planned to start on the 28th.
  • The new earliest frame start is 3 November.
  • Marco confirmed the framers can start on 3 November.
  • Helen reported that the clinic has told patients they would be back in the new rooms in February.

Decided

  • At this stage, the finish date is not pushed out.
  • The slip has used one week of weather allowance.
  • If another week is lost, the finish date will need to be discussed.

Program risk

  • A further week of delay could affect the February finish date promised to patients.

3. Windows

Reported

  • Marco reported that Northline Windows has delayed the aluminium frames by two weeks.
  • The delay is due to a powdercoat backlog.
  • The frames were originally due 14 November.
  • Northline is now saying 28 November.
  • Northline has not yet confirmed the new date in writing.
  • Without windows, lock-up cannot happen.
  • Lock-up drives the plasterer.
  • The plasterer is flexible until early December.
  • After that, the plasterer is booked on another job until the middle of January.

Decided

  • Northline will be chased today.
  • Written confirmation from Northline is to be obtained by Monday.
  • If Northline cannot commit, temporary sheeting will be considered so the plasterer can start on internal walls that are not affected.
  • Windows by 28 November are critical.

Program risk

  • If Northline cannot confirm, or if the frames are later than 28 November, lock-up and plasterer access are at risk.
  • The risk is higher because the plasterer is only flexible until early December.

4. Electrical variation — Variation 3

Reported

  • Sam reported that Helen asked for:
    • Four extra double power points in the two new treatment rooms; and
    • A dedicated circuit for the new shockwave therapy machine.
  • Sam has priced this at $1,280 plus GSD, all in.
  • This is Variation number 3.
  • The electrical rough-in is planned for the week of 10 November.
  • The variation needs to be signed before rough-in.
  • Sam asked Helen to confirm the machine specifications, including plug type and current draw.
  • If the machine is over 15 amps, Sam needs to know now, not at fit-off.

Decided

  • Helen agreed the dedicated circuit is needed.
  • Variation 3 will be emailed to Helen today.
  • Helen will sign it as soon as it comes through.
  • The signed variation is needed back by 7 November so it can be completed before rough-in.
  • Helen will send the machine specification sheet.
  • Helen thinks the machine uses a standard 10-amp plug, but will check.

Program risk

  • If Variation 3 is not signed by 7 November, the electrical rough-in scheduled for the week of 10 November could be delayed.

5. Safety — scaffold and near miss

Reported

  • Marco reported that the scaffold along the north wall is due for its 30-day inspection on Friday the 17th.
  • The scaffold company is coming at 9:00.
  • Nobody is to go on the scaffold on Friday morning until the tag is updated.
  • Marco also reported a near miss on Monday:
    • A pallet of blocks was left on the footpath edge.
    • A pedestrian had to step onto the road.
    • No one was hurt.
  • Marco has completed the incident report.
  • A barrier has been put up.
  • A spotter will be used for deliveries.

Decided

  • The scaffold is not to be used on Friday morning until the tag is updated.
  • Marco will send the incident report to Dana.
  • A delivery toolbox talk will be added for Monday morning for everyone on site.

Program risk

  • No direct program risk was stated, but the scaffold access restriction could affect site work if not managed.
  • The near miss highlights a pedestrian safety risk.

6. Temporary patient path

Reported

  • Helen reported that the clinic is staying open during the works.
  • Some patients use walking frames.
  • The temporary path past the site fence gets muddy when it rains.

Decided

  • A crushed rock or rubber matting solution was discussed.
  • Marco said there is rubber matting at the yard.
  • Marco will have the rubber matting down by Monday.

Risk

  • This is a patient safety and access risk in wet weather.
  • No program risk was stated.

7. Next meeting

Decided

  • The next meeting is on Thursday the 30th of October.
  • Same time.
  • Same site location.
M03 · Action listQwen3.8-27B
Checked by Brightwork · 3 corrections
  • Action 2 belongs to Dana. It says it cannot tell who will chase Northline, but the same speaker goes straight on to ask Marco about the plasterer.
  • Action 3 belongs to Dana: she said she would get Northline’s written confirmation by Monday.
  • Action 4 belongs to Dana: she said she would email variation three to Helen today, and she asked for it back by 7 November. Sam priced it.

Action items I could identify

  1. Send the updated programme
    • What: Send Helen the updated programme after the slab slip.
    • Who: Dana.
    • By when: Monday. The transcript does not state the calendar date.
  2. Chase Northline Windows
    • What: Chase Northline Windows about the delayed aluminium frames.
    • Who: Cannot tell who said “I’ll chase them today”.
    • By when: Today, the meeting day.
  3. Get written confirmation from Northline Windows
    • What: Get written confirmation from Northline Windows that the aluminium frames will arrive on 28 November.
    • Who: Marco, inferred from context.
    • By when: Monday. The transcript does not state the calendar date.
  4. Email Variation 3
    • What: Email Helen Variation 3 for the extra power points and dedicated circuit for the shockwave therapy machine.
    • Who: Sam.
    • By when: Today, the meeting day.
  5. Sign and return Variation 3
    • What: Sign Variation 3 and return it before Sam starts rough-in.
    • Who: Helen.
    • By when: As soon as it comes through. Sam asked for it back by 7 November, before rough-in in the week of 10 November.
  6. Confirm machine specifications
    • What: Confirm the plug type and current draw for the shockwave therapy machine, and check whether it is over 15 amps. Helen said she will send the spec sheet.
    • Who: Helen.
    • By when: Now. Sam said he needs to know now, not at fit-off.
  7. Send the incident report
    • What: Send Dana the incident report for the Monday near-miss involving a pallet of blocks on the footpath edge.
    • Who: Marco, inferred from the reply “Will do”.
    • By when: No date set.
  8. Add a delivery toolbox talk
    • What: Add a delivery toolbox talk for everyone on site.
    • Who: Marco, inferred from the reply “Will do”.
    • By when: Monday morning. The transcript does not state the calendar date.
  9. Put down rubber matting
    • What: Put rubber matting on the temporary path past the site fence.
    • Who: Marco.
    • By when: By Monday. The transcript does not state the calendar date.

Items raised but with no owner

  • Scaffold use before tag update
    • The scaffold along the north wall is due for its 30-day inspection on Friday, the 17th, at 9:00 am.
    • Nobody is to go on the scaffold Friday morning until the tag is updated.
    • No owner was stated for updating the tag or enforcing the no-use instruction.
  • Temporary sheeting option
    • If Northline Windows cannot commit to the 28 November frame delivery, the meeting raised looking at temporary sheeting so the plasterer can start on internal walls that are not affected.
    • No owner was stated for investigating temporary sheeting.
  • Finish-date risk if another week is lost
    • The programme has weather allowance.
    • If another week is lost, the finish date will need to be discussed.
    • No owner was stated for that future discussion.

Fictional demonstration, not client documents. Our workstation: one RTX 3090 with 24 GB, every model layer on the GPU. These are not performance figures for a Brightwork installation.